I know I am a little late posting this. Most of you have already heard (or read on Facebook)...but we are having a little GIRL in APRIL! We are so thrilled!!! Brad was saying all along that he was 100% sure it was a girl. We were both truly impartial to which gender we wanted it to be. However, I can say after hearing "It's a GIRL", we both admitted it was perfect!
My appointment at my OB's office was originally scheduled for Tuesday; however, that was changed to nearly a week later when the ultrasound technician became sick. This was very upsetting for two reasons: 1 - I've been DYING to know the gender and 2 - we had arranged for Sister (Brad's mom) to go with us to the ultrasound before she left town for several days. I couldn't imagine waiting another week to determine the gender. So, with the suggestions of a few friends, I began to look into a place called "Baby Waves" in Columbus. This is one of those ultrasound clinics that do all of the 2D, 3D, and 4D ultrasounds. We were not interested in all of those...just determining the gender. So, after convincing Brad (with the help of my sweet mother-in-law and father-in-law), we booked the appointment for Tuesday (same time as the previous OB appointment!)
I didn't quite know what to expect, but it was a wonderful experience. The room was quite cozy and private (although oddly it could seat up to 15 people) and included a large flat screen TV on the wall, so everyone could see. I will never be able to describe the excitement that we were able to witness on Sister's face. It was absolutely priceless. She was so thrilled she could barely sit still. We watched the baby sleep as the technician showed us each body part. Then....they announced it was a girl! Sister (of course, Brad and I, too!) got even more excited, especially after opening her cardigan and showing us the sticker she'd already placed on her shirt stating "It's a GIRL!" Our baby girl had her back to the camera most of the time, but near the end did decide to flip over. The tech turned on the 3D setting and we were able to see her sweet face!
It was a great day and now we are so excited to start planning for the arrival of our daughter!
(My scanner is broken. I will ask someone to scan these for me soon so they can be posted)
No comments:
Post a Comment