Tuesday, February 14, 2012

8 Weeks TO GO!

Thanks, Beth, for reminding me to "get on the ball" with my blog postings - and for our sweet Valentine's card!!!  Such a sweet surprise to find in the mailbox after we returned from our beach trip.

Well, things are moving right along around here.  Brad, Frank, Mom, and I just took a three night trip to Destin to celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary.  A little explanation - Yes, our anniversary isn't for another 6 weeks; however, we figured I would be incredibly uncomfortable by then (being 38 weeks pregnant).  With that, we decided to take it early!  You may also ask, why did we take my Mom and Frank?  Well, we just couldn't leave Frank to be totally honest.  He had been begging to go to the beach to fly a kite ever since spotting a painting on our pediatrician's wall of a child doing just that.  In addition, we left him behind on our last beach trip back in July/August.  With that, we asked my Mom to go and allow us to celebrate with "family days" during the day and "date nights" at night.  She let us go out every night to have some alone time.  It was the best of both worlds.  We had such a great time and appreciate her going with us very much.  Thanks, Meme!!!
Daddy got the kite up with barely a slight breeze!  The next day, different story.  He and Frank could barely hold on to the string with all the strong wind gusts!


Our Frankie - 2 1/2 years old
My sweet Mommy!
The best, sweetest, most handsome man on Earth.  For some reason, the Lord has blessed me with him.  I love this man more than words could ever describe!
31 Weeks Pregnant with our precious daughter!

In other happenings - Lovie Bootcamp!
As you may notice in many of our photos, Frank has a Lovie hanging out of his mouth :)  This started as a comfort blanket that turned into a pacifier.  They started out only in his bed.  However, as he's gotten older, he has learned where I keep all of the clean Lovies.  Within a few hours of having a full basket of clean Lovies, it would be empty and all of Lovies' corners would be soaking wet.  After putting it off for quite some time, we've decided to make a "rule" to only allow Lovies in the bed for nap time and bedtime.  We are currently on Day 2 and things are going great!  He throws them in the bed when he wakes up and says "Bye, bye Lovies.  I will see you at nap time!"  We have been so proud! 

Baby girl -
She is growing and growing!  She is extremely active.  I have been feeling about the same for the past 4 weeks or so.  I am exhausted by 8pm.  My stomach, leg, and back muscles feel like I've run a marathon all day.  My duties and activities have had to slow down quite a bit, too.  With Frank, my main cravings were milk, strawberries, Mexican food, cantaloupe, and cheesecake.  With her, it is more like Diet Coke, Mexican food, and strawberry cake/cupcakes! Ok, ok, so Mexican food is my natural craving - pregnant or not.

Her nursery is coming along great.  I am picking up her bedding today :)  SO excited!  We are also in the process of hanging her chandelier, pictures frames, wreath, curtains, and cornices.  I will post photos as soon as it is finished.  One minor detail above her crib, her name, will not be hung until she has arrived.  I can say the white wooden letters will be hung by white vintage hooks on beautiful plaques (see previous post) and burlap ribbon.

Please continue to pray for our sweet baby girl.  We pray that she will hang out for 8 more weeks and not be too difficult on her Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment