Thursday, April 12, 2012

Introducting.....

Kathryn "Kate" Joyce HuguleyShe was born a little earlier than expected on Good Friday, April 6th!  She weighed 8lbs 5oz and was 19 3/4 inches long.  I was in a lot of pain Thursday night that led me to call my doctor on Friday morning.  After a quick visit to the doctor's office, he decided it was time to go ahead and do the c-section (3 days earlier than scheduled).  After a few rushed phone calls to get family to the hospital, we proceeded with the surgery.  

I will say that this was "supposed" to be an easier delivery than Frank's, which left me in labor for about 15 hours only leading to a c-section.  Unfortunately, things didn't go as well as planned.  Apparently I have a "tight spine" which isn't good for epidurals!  After a painful first injection of the epidural, we realized it didn't take as well as it should have.  This only led to do a second epidural which, praise God, was better.  I finally had some relief!  We had to wait a few hours to get fit into the operating room schedule.  That was fine as long as I had that epidural...and it allowed my family to get closer to the hospital.  Since the c-section happened earlier than I planned, my brother, Grey wasn't able to make it.  However, Nana, Mom and Dad scooted over from Demopolis and were able to see us in recovery! 

Back to the delivery...
When the OR was clear, it was our turn!  The anesthesiologist "dosed" my epidural to the full dosage as we were rolling down the hall to the operating room.  Turns out, she "dosed" it a little too quickly. As soon as we entered, they proceeded to lay me down and do the very rocky "table switch".  After the table switch, I started feeling something I knew wasn't normal.  My blood pressure bottomed out.  I was feeling as light as a feather, couldn't breath, and felt the darkness start to take over my eyes.  I was laboring to remind myself to lift my chest to inhale.  I really thought I was going to die.  Brad was not yet in the room.  I was trying to figure out the words in my head to tell the nurse to tell Brad and Frank if I didn't make it.  This was probably the scariest moment of my life.  Things didn't get better as the anesthesiologist was running back and forth across the room screaming "Oh, sh*t" multiple times in a row.  Also, not a settling feeling.  Finally after several needle pricks, yanks, and cuss words, I started to feel back to normal.

Enter Brad and the doctor.  Things then progressed without a hitch through the procedure.  Our precious daughter entered the world and all was forgotten!  She was healthy and had a strong cry!  We were the proud parents of two precious children!

In recovery, we had several delays and worries (I will spare you the details!).  While we were waiting to get the "clear" to go to a normal room, my parents and Nana arrived.  This is where we introduced them to Kathryn Joyce Huguley "Kate".   Nana's name is Kathryn.  I have wanted to name a daughter after her for the majority of my life. It was a huge honor to have her there to see her reaction as we said this, our precious daughter, will be your namesake. She is such a beautiful, strong, and faithful woman.  I could only pray for Kate to aspire to be such a wonderful woman like Nana.  Kate's middle name, Joyce, is my other grandmother (my Dad's mom).  She passed away from breast cancer when my Dad was 14 years old.  I know I missed knowing a precious woman and grandmother. So, Kate will have a name very similar to her Mommy's, too!  Katrina is German from Kathryn and I also have the middle name of Joyce.


After telling my parents and Nana the name, Nana was able to go to the waiting room and announce her namesake to all of the Huguley's!  It was a special moment to hear all the screams from all the way down the hall :)  


Here are some photos from the eventful delivery day.  Brad's dad, Scott, helps us to remember such special times by always documenting them so well.  These pictures are priceless to our family!  Thank you, Grandaddy!!!


Eating a cheeseburger while waiting on Baby Sister!

Waiting to see Mommy and Baby Sister

The last family photo of 3!

Aunt May May, Uncle Stephen, David and Henderson arrive!

Playing with Miss Jessica while we wait!

Peek-a-boo!



Giving Mommy a kiss as she rolled by on the hospital bed!

Big Brother waiting!





The first of many kisses from Kate's big brother!

8lbs 5oz

Frank and Daddy heading to hold Kate for the first time

Hey Kate, meet Mr. Turtle

My favorite photo, ever.  This captures their relationship perfectly!

Long day, in recovery!

My sweet daughter


So happy to hold her!

Kisses again!


Frank loved the nurses' gloves!  There was a different color in each room!


Our home awaits!





Frank was DYING to give Kate her pink lovies.  He even found the corner and put it in her mouth for her!

Nannie and Kate




No comments:

Post a Comment