Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I will survive!

Well, we have a two year old running the halls of our house!  We had a successful family birthday party at our house this past weekend.  Most of my family traveled over from Demopolis and up from Daphne!  Brad's family was also able to witness the happy occasion.  We kicked off our 2 year celebration of Frank Saturday around lunch.  We enjoyed good food (Chick-fil-a nuggets....much to Carter's delight!), good company, and great fun!!!

After the party and a nap, we decided to take the kids to the All Play Fun Zone in town.  They had a blast and the adults all left with skinned elbows :( 

Come Sunday morning, my Mom and Dad started begging for Frank to join Maddie and Landon at Mimi and Poppie's house for a few days.  Fighting through the many, many tears, I eventually agreed.  After all, I did promise them he could stay longer than one night with them after he turned two.  Since we just celebrated his second birthday, I let him stay two nights :)  I may would have let him stay one more, but Frank started coming down with my cold the day they arrived.  Even though Frank was coming down with a cold, I made myself stay in West Point because I was REALLY looking forward to a mini-honeymoon with Brad.  I can say we took full advantage of our free time.  We had two dinners out in Auburn, two movies, pedicure (obviously me...not Brad), and shopping (again, not Brad!)  

Tuesday morning, I headed over to Demopolis and spent the day and night there.  This morning (Wednesday), we headed home, only to go straight to a doctor's appointment.  Frank's ears and chest sound good.  We are just battling the chest congestion, runny nose, cough, and sore throat.  Those were expected.   The thing I'm most concerned about is the fact that he has lost a pound since we were last there.  Frank looks great, but we can't seem to get those numbers up.  He hasn't consistently gained weight in a long time.  Please pray that his appetite will pick up and he will put a little meat on those bones! :)

Pictures to come tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment