Saturday, July 23, 2011

Fine Cuisine...

Our apologies to the local restaurants.  Thanks to my amazing father-in-law, and this fine beauty



our many dinners blow away anything a restaurant can provide!  Scott has been on fire (no pun intended) cooking on this thing!  He bought it a while back and has been treating his family to fine cuisine ever since.  Our meals have included pork tenderloins, beef tenderloins, hamburgers, chicken, ribs, filet mignons, and our favorite - sushi grade tuna steaks seared to perfection!!!  This is not even to mention grilled veggies, (my fav - asparagus), and cedar plank salmon (not a huge fan of salmon, but I am sure he will convert my taste buds soon! )

I cannot write this post without including my absolute dislike for ANY type of meat on the bone.  I love almost all meats, but none with a bone!!!!  So, when Scott told me that he wanted me to try the ribs he had been smoking for over 10 hours, I was hesitant.  He made it as easy as possible on me, even carving the meat without allowing me to even see the bone!  Wow, these ribs are absolutely to DIE for!  They are falling off the bone, meaty, mouth-watering goodness!  We have had his ribs numerous times and I am ALMOST to the point where I can actually pick it up and bite it off.  I can at least carve it myself, now....not to say that he doesn't offer to do it for me each time!  Oh, and Frank has no problem grabbing the whole rib and digging in!

So, this post is to say THANK YOU for the many, many meals served to us in the Huguley household with Scott's five star meats and Sister's delicious sides!  Dinner there is so easy, every child gets what they want, thanks to their precious Nannie!!!  Nannie always says she has to feed us to get us up there to visit.  This is not true, but my goodness, the meals sure are a delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment