We are so excited today that Nannie and Grandaddy (Brad's parents) are finally returning home from their week long cruise to the Caribbean! We have missed them dearly!
Since Frank's cold had come about, his eating had gotten even worse than it already had been. This issue has been such a burden on our shoulders , and we deal with 3 times (some days, more) a day! I cannot describe to you the weight that is lifted from me when he has a good meal. So many say, "he'll eat when he gets hungry", "don't worry" and other comforting things as this. Yes, I do know these things in my head. However, as a mother, the worry is in my heart when things are at stake such as his nutrition, development, growth, and frankly - his mood. When he's hungry, but refuses food, he is not our sweet little boy. He's very grumpy and hard to deal with...especially on top of separation anxiety!
This issue, on a day-to-day basis, consumes me. As he doesn't eat a meal, I give in to the crying and let him get down from his seat. So, I then try to feed him again a couple of hours later. Some days it would go well. Other days, not so much. I was wasting a ton of food, time, money, and effort. This has been something we've been praying about for nearly his entire 18 months of life. Finally, Saturday, Brad surfaced as my angel. We'd been asking for the Holy Spirit to give us guidance and direction in every moment of every day dealing with this. Praise the Lord, he did a work in Brad, and Brad obeyed. I will spare you all of the little details of our meal plans each day. However, I can say that I have an amazing and wise husband. I fought against him until I was in tears on this "idea". I didn't think it would work and I thought it would cause more issues for us on a daily basis. Reluctantly, I gave in. I said through my gritting teeth that I would do it "his way", but when it failed, we were going to to it my way! For some reason, this verse kept coming to my mind as I was sure he was wrong:
Ephesians 5:22-24
22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
Well, the Lord knows what he's doing. That was Saturday at lunch. We have had solid, wonderful meals ever since we tried it "Brad's way"! Frank is nearly eating everything we put in front of him. Now, I know we will have good and bad days, but for now - I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted from me to see my little boy's belly bulging out after a meal!!!Not for one second am I trying to praise only Brad for this turn-around. I praise the Holy Spirit for speaking to him and giving him the wisdom to know what to do. I'm praising Brad for the courage, strength, and steadfastness to be firm against his opposing wife!
No comments:
Post a Comment