Sunday, February 20, 2011

Toomer's Oaks!

We were planning a trip to Destin this weekend, but decided to stay home at the last minute.  I'm so glad we did.  Friday night, we had a great time on our little family date to the amazing Mexican restaurant in Lagrange called Los Nopales.  It was delicious and Frank was an angel! 

Saturday morning, we had a family breakfast picnic in our den as we watched, what else?, Cars!  After we all got showered/dressed, we headed to Auburn.  We decided to go visit the two Toomer's corner trees.  Brad and I both are so deeply saddened by the horrific act this person has done to attempt to kill the Auburn spirit.  I did not attend Auburn, but since I've married Brad, I have grown to love and crave the Auburn spirit. Auburn Football has become a very fun and exciting time for our family.  Aside from the football, the spirit and tradition is something that we cherish as a family.

I hope and pray Auburn can find some way to salvage these trees.  If not, I know they will find a way to continue the tradition and make the most of this terrible situation. These pictures mean so much to Brad and me.  I hope we can, one day, see Frank share in the tradition and excitement!  This was his first visit to the actual campus.







No comments:

Post a Comment