I have been inspired by stalking several blogs of "friends of friends". These women amaze me how they have time to do all of the Mommy, wife, household, community, friend things as well as post about every cute thing their children are doing! So, here's my first attempt....
Frank has discovered "Sprite...a.k.a. SPITE!" He loves it. Of course, I save this for a treat - or just really water it down! He had some yesterday morning and I swear he was a different child. Obviously since it wasn't a caffeine high, I assume it was the sugar! He was chattering constantly all day. He would just spin in place, fall down, jump up, ramble about something else, and take off running again! He crashed for his nap and started at it again after he woke up! So strange! He has been the same way today, too - no SPITE today, though! I think he has gotten an energy spurt recently! Crazy.
Other than that, we have been working on our numbers recently. They aren't coming to Frank as easily as his letters did. He has a little trouble remembering some of them. His favorite number is definitely number 7. He will go down the wall of foam numbers and say, "seven. seven. seven. seven" to all the ones he isn't sure of! Hilarious! He is also chattering up a storm about his recent trip to Demopolis. We are constantly hearing about Poppie's big white truck, me mewer (law mower), and drive truck! They have completely spoiled him. We can't walk past Brad's car without him freaking out and saying "Drive, drive, drive!!!" It was so bad today that he wouldn't quit screaming. We finally gave in and let him stand in the driver's seat to let him pretend he was driving. Times like this, I really miss living in the country where you can honk the horn and drive through the pastures all day long without being in danger or irritating your neighbors! Oh, growing up in the country was so much fun!
As soon as I post this, it will change, but I give credit where credit is due. Praising God, Frank's eating has gotten a little better lately. It still takes plenty of convincing, but not nearly as much as it did before. This may change tomorrow, but for now, we are breathing a little sign of relief. Frank even ate TWO adult servings of steamed broccoli today. I had to steam a third serving so that I could actually eat some for lunch!
Frank will have his two year check up Monday morning. We had an appointment a few days after his second birthday. He was coming down with a cold, so we decided not to do the HepA vaccine that he needed. So...we are headed in for that Monday morning. NOT looking forward to that!!! I am not sure how Frank is going to react. I had to go to the doctor a couple of weeks ago to get a blood test called CA125 to do some testing for ovarian cancer (which I have to do every 6 months since I have the "breast and ovarian cancer gene called BRCA1). I was convinced it wasn't going to take long, so I took Frank with me. Much to my surprise, it took FOREVER. He was a champ and did great....until the lady strapped that big rubber tie on my arm and pulled out a needle. He nearly attacked the woman! So...I'm hoping his vaccine doesn't bring back bad memories!
That's all for now. I apologize to the ones that check the blog only for pictures :(
No comments:
Post a Comment