Saturday, June 19, 2010

Back to reality...

(The header photo is the rear view from our cottage in Sea Island.)

Well, we are back home for an amazing vacation (7 nights) in Sea Island, GA with the Huguley family for our annual trip! We had a great time! The house was beautiful, as well as ALL of the surrounding beach, marsh, and pool!!! I will post more detail and photos later.

For all the photos, go to (and some videos of Frank walking!):
http://picasaweb.google.com/scotthuguley/SeaIsland#

A few things I want to talk about...

First, Frank started walking BY HIMSELF with his walker while we were at the beach. Brad and I were doing the dishes in the kitchen at the cottage, and all of a sudden, Frank pulls up to his walker and walks from one end of the kitchen to the other. I wish you could have seen our faces. The joy in that moment should be bottled up!

Second, Frank now has 2 bottom teeth and 2 top teeth coming through!

Third, Aunt Jenna was playing with Frank on the staircase at the cottage. Little did we know, we had a monkey on our hands. This little man scurried right up the entire flight! No problem! Hand, hand, knee, knee, foot, foot! Next step, please! Needless to say, he slept well! NOT great timing considering our new house has stairs! Baby gate, anyone???

Fourth, Frank learned a lot of new eating habits by watching his cousin Henderson this week. We have really taken on this self feeding table food thing. Therefore, when we go out to eat now, I either pack him a meal or order from the menu. On the way home, we stopped by Wendy's I ordered him a kids meal with nuggets and oranges. He ate a few oranges and half of the nuggets - by himself. I am no longer spoon feeding him baby food. This seems like a huge towards being a little boy and NOT a baby :(

Finally, fifth. My baby is turning 1 year old Thursday, June 24th. That's about all I can type about that as I already have tears in my eyes. Oh well, I will try.
The past year has been the most amazing year of my life. I am so blessed to spend my life with this child. His precious cheeks are the softest thing to kiss every day. His huge blue eyes are the most rewarding thing in the world. His smile flat out melts my heart! There is no better feeling than holding this child. At least that's what you think until he lays his head on your shoulder to cuddle. I love my Frank more than life itself. Oh, Heavenly Father, I do not deserve this!

We got to watch this from our kitchen every evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment