Thursday, November 4, 2010

John 14:13-14

"And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask for anything in my name, and I WILL do it." John 14:13-14

Now, I understand that Christ's will is perfect. I ask for all things in accordance with His will. However, when it comes to my child's health, I pray that his WILL be for Frank to be healthy. I never want to take Christ for granted, but I do trust his Word. I trust that he wants good for my family and my little boy!

I know there will be times of sickness, but can I get a HUGE AMEN for his healing over the past 24 hours!?!?!?! As my previous post stated, I was sick until yesterday. I still have a slight touch of a cold, but I am feeling like a million dollars compared to a few days before. As thankful as I am for my healing, that's not the healing I'm speaking of.

Yesterday, Frank gave me quite a scare. He had been sleeping a ton, not eating much, crying for no reason, curling up to us 24/7 (that, I liked!).... At one point, I couldn't get him to quit crying. I had to call Brad home from work to help me calm him down. Last night, he got a fever, as well as some congestion. Finally, I knew what was wrong. He was getting my cold. So, I gave him a dose of ibuprofen before he went to bed. After my Mom made me so nervous, I was sure to go in a check on him during the night to be sure the fever had not come back. Praise God, it had not. He was restless some during the night, but eventually settled in. This morning, 7:30 rolled around, 8:00, 8:30....finally, I decided to go wake him. Again, Praise GOD! No fever. Slight cough.

We all got ready for his appointment. Yes, we had to wait over an hour again! Ugh! However, once we got back, she took his blood. Everything was clear, no ear infection, no red throat, no cough, no fever.....and he was HAPPY! She said to watch him for a week and give him that time to get back to normal. If he wasn't back to normal in 7-10 days, we will run some more tests. Otherwise, it's just something he'll get over soon.

Frank has been so patient! He waited in the car with Brad for over an hour, in the waiting room for 30 minutes, then drove back home. After we got home, he actually ate a few bites and then played until it was WAY past nap time. He was happier today than he's been in a few days!!! I cannot say enough, PRAISE GOD! There is NOTHING else in this world that makes me happier than a happy Frank!!!

I know there's a chance the fever/symptoms may return, but for now...I'm going to celebrate in God's glory!

One more thing to add...
Since we were at the doctor, the pediatrician also decided to check on that heart murmur. Yep. It was gone, too! PRAISE BE TO GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment