Tuesday, April 12, 2011

On the road again.....

We are finally back home from a great, two-leg trip!  Last Thursday, Brad, Frank and I headed to Valdosta, GA to visit the newest nephew, David Scott Lincoln.  Frank just adored him!  I was so proud of him for being gentle and allowing Mommy to hold another baby :)  In addition to getting to visit with our new precious family member, I feel like we stayed in five star hotel!  Stephen's parents, Kathy and Steve, were so sweet to open their home to us.  Frank had his own room and crib, where he slept very well!  Their home is absolutely beautiful and they truly are more accommodating than a 5 star hotel!!!  Thank you so much to the Lincoln's!!!  

After the two night stay in Valdosta, we headed over to Destin for a three night stay!  This was our first beach trip with Frank since he's been old enough to enjoy it.  The beach was a whole new world of discovery for him!  The sand was a HUGE hit!  Another hit was the mesmerizing fountains at Destin Commons.  I will post pictures as soon as I get our laundry caught up! :) 

I only have 2 days to get bags unpacked, washed, and repacked!  I (and possibly Frank) will be heading to Daphne, AL on Friday for my twin nieces', Rylee and Reagan, first birthday party...in conjunction with my Dad's birthday too!!!  So, lots of miles on the Yukon and LOTS of $$$ on the credit card for gas!!!

We are usually a very low-key family that loves quality time at home.  However, recent events have allowed us to travel for some other great family time!
Our recent and coming travels over a 10 day span:
West Point to Valdosta
Valdosta to Destin
Destin to West Point
West Point to Daphne
Daphne to West Point
About 1,100 miles and 20 hrs.  - WHEW!

This much time on the road, I praise our Lord for
safe travels and sweet, sweet baby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment