Just a little update....
Things have been pretty bad around here with the massive poison ivy head/face I've been dealing with. The itching became nearly unbearable last night. Things didn't get much better when I got online and read that, without medicine, it could take up to 12-14 days to heal. This isn't just a little rash I'm talking about being on my face for 12 days. I'm talking about, I look deformed with blisters, swelling, and redness. This is not even to mention the fact that I look like I've dunked my face in a bucket-O-Calamine Lotion.
When I was at my worst last night, Brad decided to go online to find some "home" remedies or something safe for pregnant women. He found a few different oils that were supposed to work like a dream. I was begging him to overnight them to our house. He was convinced that CVS would have one of the oils in stock. So, this morning, he headed straight to CVS. After realizing they didn't have either in stock, he read over every carton and bottle in the "rash" section. He finally decided on a $35 Poison Ivy Wash. My frugal husband must love me! He came home and said..."I've always said I believe that you get what you pay for....you better be healed after this!"
The wash was an exfoliating gritty paste that I had to rub over the sores for 3 minutes, then rinse. Those 3 minutes were so uncomfortable, I wanted to vomit. However, after 3 minutes came the cool water to rinse it off. AND....
No more itching. You heard me. No more itching! The redness is dying down and the blisters seem to be getting better. Better than anything - the itching is nearly 100% GONE! Can I get a PRAISE GOD?!?!!?
This post is NOT to praise this medicine. This post is to PRAISE MY GOD!!! Without the Holy Spirit leading Brad to do the research and things he did, we would have never tried anything else. I would have just accepted my 2 week sentence. Granted, the sores and swelling may take 2 weeks to die down, but THANK YOU JESUS, I don't want to claw my face off anymore!!!
Thank you for all who have been praying. Please continue to do so. I am still not to the point where I will leave my house. My right eye looks like I've been slugged a few times in a rough brawl! Even so, I am just praising my God. He is amazing and he is our comforter and healer! This has been one of the most difficult things I've had to deal with. I cannot even describe the agony I was in, especially compared to how much better I feel now!
Thank you, Lord!
No comments:
Post a Comment