Tuesday, October 4, 2011

In sickness and in health....

As Brad and I have been married for 4 1/2 years, I'm afraid he had no clue how much weight this vow "In sickness and in health" would hold.  Brad has changed 3 rounds of mastectomy surgery drains and bandages, C-Section bandages and all that goes along with "post pregnancy", wisdom teeth packing, two nose surgery tubes and many other unspeakable things!  Since I've been pregnant this time around, he has already had to deal with my severe nausea, slight scares here and there, sciatic nerve pain (which consisted of him doing more than his share of the house work so that I could rest the nerve), and now this...

This past weekend, we headed to Demopolis for Grey's 30th birthday and a family photo shoot with Amy P Photography on my parent's farm.  While I was so excited about all the festivities, I had no idea the mess I was getting in.  Let me paint a picture for you:
At some point during the photo shoot, I must have touched poison oak/ivy, then reapplied my make-up for the photo shoot.  I now have poison ivy all over my face.  Imagine everywhere you would lay a finger during makeup application...yep - poison ivy is there!  Even down to smoothing out my lip gloss on my upper lip.  My eyes are nearly swollen shut (especially the right one).  This is NOT the first time this has happened.  However, in the past, I have been able to get a steroid shot and medicine.  That usually knocks it out in a few days.  Not this time.  Pregnant.  Can't take anything....except Calamine Lotion and Cortaid cream.  So.... I look like a cross between Casper and some Indian face-painted tribal woman.  My poor husband.  Needless to say, I will NOT be emerging from this home for a while.  I have NO clue how long it will take to heal without the help of steroids!

As I type, Brad is at Kroger doing all of our grocery shopping for me.  He has been amazing.  He doesn't fall out in the floor laughing (which I know he wants to do), when I walk in the room all painted up and my hair pulled back as tight as it will go (any stray hair that swings down makes me want to claw my skin off)!!!  I know there are great husbands out there, but I have to say, I somehow got the best one God ever made :)  He has never hesitated to help me in my many medical adventures.  Even with this, he is such a champ!  I cannot sing his praises enough.  I love and appreciate this man more than words could ever say.

I don't ever mean this to complain.  No matter what I go through, I'm always so thankful for a healthy husband and healthy baby.  I will take the world upon myself to keep them from having to deal with discomforts!  I know so many families are dealing with sick children.  I praise God that Brad, Frank and Baby Huguley #2 are healthy and happy!  If this is what God has allowed me to have, then I will take up my cross and follow HIM!

No comments:

Post a Comment