Thursday, October 13, 2011

Second Trimester!!!

I have officially 'rounded the corner to my second trimester.  I am a little over 13 weeks and feeling much better these days!  The nausea is gone, the sciatic nerve has lightened up, and the poison ivy is finishing up it's healing!  I still have a few spots (which are very annoying) on my fingers.  Praise God, the spots on my face are gone.  I am starting to remember what it was like pre-'first trimester'!  I had a check-up on Tuesday afternoon.  Brad and I were able to hear the baby's heartbeat.  That is always such a great sound!  We will find out the gender of the baby in just 5 more weeks!

A little update on Frank:
His speech is blowing us away.  He picks up on EVERYTHING we say!  He can clearly pronounce so many more things.  He is very animated which always provides great humor!  To say he loves babies is a complete understatement.  I am ready to have another child, but I think I'm more ready for Frank to have a baby in the house.  He is glued to babies when we see them!  No - Frank does not have any baby dolls of his own.  However, when he spots one somewhere else, he immediately goes straight for it.  He'll pick it up and go "shhh, shhh, shhh, shhh"  while rocking the baby back and forth and patting it's bottom.  He is going to be such a good big brother!

Frank also went to the nursery on Wednesday night - with NO tears and No lovie!  He walked right in, sat down with a Doodle board, and said "Bye, bye, Mommy".  My mouth was wide open, I know!  I was so proud, I nearly ran upstairs to pull Brad from teaching the youth to tell him what just happened!  When Frank got home, he got his much awaited present!  We've been hiding a new toddler guitar in the closet for the first time he went to the nursery without crying!  After playing with it for about 20 minutes, he said, "Mommy, hide it again".  So, it is back upstairs in the closet for the next time he goes without crying, I guess!  He hasn't asked for it since.  So proud of our big boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment